Monday, October 24

Losing My Edge

I turned 31 yesterday, so I thought I'd share some lyrics from a song by LCD Soundsystem . . .

I used to work in the record store
I had everything before anyone

But I'm losing my edge
to better-looking people
with better ideas
and more talent
And they're actually really, really nice

I'm losing my edge to the art-school Brooklynites in little jackets and borrowed nostalgia for the unremembered eighties

. . .

Since I bought my car I've been surfing every weekend. And I just found a local surfing site that is perhaps the best internet site in the whole wide world. Swellnet has the kind of surfer weather-nerd detail that you thought you could only dream about. Today's forecast, for example, has a nearly 1000 word discussion of the systems in the Southern Ocean and their potential consequences for the southern Victorian 'swell window'. Apparently, a powerful low is going to 'stall inside Victoria's swell window' and bring a 'prolonged round of swell energy'. I love the internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home