Thursday, April 24

The Guy Who's Where He Is Only Because He's Australian

Title of the post could just as well be: The Guy Who's Where He Is Only Because Of The E-3

Anyway, think I'm going to have to check out Colson Whitehead's books. Anyone read him? He has a great op ed in the Times today.

And his blog has this great riff on what the Google of the future might look like:

[T]he unfinished killer Google app, the Google Superego. It will be quite handy. When you’re out late and say to yourself, “I’ll have another pint before I go home,” the Google Superego pops up and goes, Did you mean: Go home right now? When you think to yourself, “There’s a twelve hour Top Chef marathon on Bravo and I’m going to watch it,” the Google Superego pops up and goes, Did you mean: Read a book and tell your family how much you love them?

...

The weird thing is that we are probably not so far away from the time when our 'devices' (I-phone, etc) are implanted in our bodies and Google Superego will not seem far fetched. I prefer the idea of a Google Id, however: "I think I'll clean my apartment and take my car in for a service," the Google Id pops up and goes, Did you mean: Get really drunk and ride your bike down a steep hill?

We'll need to call Google technical support to resolve conflicts between our Google Superego and our Google Id.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home